With Super Malawi Haze we continue to explore and expand the best possible genetic combinations between different prime quality Haze lines and the best parental plants of our powerful Malawi sativa.
Super Malawi Haze is a direct hybrid crossing a Nevil's Haze mother plant selected by Nevil himself in the late 80’s with our best Malawi Killer phenotypes. The result is an extremely vigorous and highly productive super-hybrid of practically pure sativa (90%) genetics, which produces huge and very resinous colas, with excellent density and great flower/leaf ratio, which come together forming enormous floral structures that reach monumental proportions.
The terpenes of the pure Haze A and C parents that make up Nevil's Haze are dominant in this hybrid: sweet and floral aromas of Central American sativa, incensed and woody aromas of classic Haze, with the resinous and fermented background of the Malawi to add depth.
While both Super Malawi Haze and Purple Haze x Malawi offer the most cerebral, energetic and least narcotic effects within the Haze/Malawi genotypes, Purple Haze x Malawi is a true F1 hybrid and therefore is much more uniform, producing a unique main phenotype, with much wilder and tropical behaviour, but with Super Malawi Haze, while still retaining that pure sativa personality, we have focused on producing a much more powerful, tamed and productive hybrid, more resinous, with higher THC and terpene levels, better adaptability to indoor cultivation and with a shorter flowering time than Purple Haze x Malawi. Although, because Super Malawi Haze is a polyhybrid, it is more variable, and we can find 3 main phenotypes, with the first two being the most frequent:
- Nevil's Haze Pheno: Very consistent phenotype and faithful to the best traits of tamed Haze and the ‘pumped with steroids' characteristic of the original Nevil's Haze mother: tall, super vigorous plants, with enormous yields, producing very dense and resinous flowers, of excellent flower to leaf ratio and a moderate/long flowering time. It is easy to recognise by its long reddish/orange pistils characteristic of Central American sativa, and by its unmistakable profile of sweet, floral and incensed old Haze terpenes. Flowering time: 85-90 days.
- Malawi Pheno: This more African phenotype is also easy to recognise as it matures with the distinctive golden/silverish appearance of Malawi. Its enormous vigour and astounding production of dense, resinous flowers with very little leaf are comparable to the Nevil's Haze pheno. Oily, resinous and woody aromas typical of the most evil Malawi Killer phenos. Flowering time: approximately 85 days.
Near-Pure Haze Pheno: This is the most variable and least frequent pheno (less than 10%), with a very tall and languid tropical sativa structure, less productive and resinous, and with a longer flowering than the two main phenotypes previously described. This pheno may be of great interest to those hunting for the most wild Haze expressions (almost like Oldtimer's Haze), as well as some very interesting genetic recombinations of near-pure Haze from Haze males A and C. Flowering time: 90-120 days.
With these new projects, our priority will be to try to raise the bar of Sativa Haze breeding, by crossing these old elite Dutch Haze clones with elite parentals of our most worked sativa varieties.
- Tipo POLY HYBRID
- Format Feminized
- Sativa / Indica ratio 90 % sativa / 10 % indica
- THC 23-28 %
- CBD Below 0.15 %
- CBG 0-1.5 %
- Flowering indoors 11-16 weeks
- Flowering outdoors November / Early December
- Yield Very High
- Resistance against spider mites Average
- Resistance against powder mildew Average
- Resistance against botrytis High
- Resistance against white fly Average
- Resistance against cold Average-High
- Resistance against heat High
- Latitude 0º-43º
- Genetics Late 80's Nevil's Haze x Malawi Killer.
- Structure Tall sativa, very vigorous and branched that requires space.
- Bouquet Sweet and floral terpenes of Central American sativa, incensed and woody touches of pure Haze, with the resinous and fermented background of Malawi adding depth and density.
- High Highly potent, cerebral, creative and energetic effect of great quality, duration and complexity, which motivates both physical activity and the deepest psychological introspection.
- Terpene profile It mainly contains the following monoterpenes: high amounts of beta pinene, followed by moderate quantities of alpha pinene, beta myrcene and limonene, small amounts of beta ocimene, linalool and traces of isopulegol, camphene, eucalyptol, terpinolene, gamma terpinene and delta 3 carene. Sesquiterpenes: high amounts of beta-caryophyllene and alpha-humelene, followed by moderate quantities of guaiol and traces of bisabolol, trans nerolidol and caryophyllene oxide.