'4 Assed Monkey' - those familiar with Mephisto know we don't just use a name to sell seeds, or to jump on the hype train, or to piggy back off of someone else's hard work. It's not our style.
Infact, to create a new auto strain that really bares a significant resemblence to the photoperiod strain you start with takes a lot of dedication, even more so than the usual high levels of work and time that we put in. In our opinion and experience it can take 3 outcrosses to your desired photoperiod to really lock traits down and to feel comfortable to put that little word, 'auto' before or after a famous strain name. To do that work could easily take 5-6 years. This single cross of Gorilla Glue #4 to our grape crinkle, working it over 4 generations to become fully auto and testing time, has taken over 2 years alone.
Initally we made a cross of GG#4 x ripleys og and also the GG#4 to Grape Crinkle for evaluation, but after the F1 grow out, we settled on the GG#4 and Grape Crinkle cross being the one to develop. Happy to say we're stoked with the outcome, and by calling it 4 assed monkey, that pays homage to it being related to Gorilla Glue #4, and also to our company namesake where Dr. Mephisto made his 5 assed monkeys up in his lab. We're on our crazy farm developing 4 assed monkeys, So to us 4 Assed Monkey seems quite poetic.
This girl is a quick one, sparkly with frost, high in terps and has become something unique which we're super proud of.
4 Assed monkey is a speedy auto indeed, putting on flowers and putting out her sparkly oils from early in life. We would classify her as being on the smaller side of medium. When given room to spread out and a good environment she will yield well, but is aptly suited to smaller spaces or to be grown in higher plant densities. We would recommend some leaf tucking and gentle manipulation to aid her on her journey, but with limited veg time for the most part she isn't best suited to heavy manipulation and harsh training techniques. Aromas range from earthy with hints of sour initially that develop into a fruity tropical blend that is ultra tasty and salivating. Flowers have tight formation encrusted in resin. Bag appeal is top notch on this lady.
- Mephisto Genetics New Artisanal Strain: 4 Assed Monkey
- Generation: F4
- Type: Auto - Feminised
- Genetic Heritage: Gorilla Glue #4 x Grape Crinkle
- Indica/Sativa: 50/50
- Cycle time: 60-65 days
- Size: 50-70cm
- Height/Width 40-60cm
- Yield: 60-90g as a single plant grow
- Best method for overall high yield: 12 per 1.2x1.2 space in 12 liter pots under a 600w - 550g is obtainable.
- Aroma and flavour: Aromas spanning gas, rubber, chemicals and grapes.
- Tastes earthy-sour to fruity totally tropical taste.
- Effect: Euphoric buzzBest grown: Indoor
- Flower Density: 8/10
- Cannbinoids: TBA
- Medicinal qualities: Uplifting and relaxing, can help with anxiety
- Ease of grow - 7/10 - Ensure a good start and it's plain sailing.
- Aroma level whilst growing - 6.5/10 Mild to medium intensity but how she smells is A++
- Trim ease - 8/10 - Not a challenge.
- Frost Level - 9/10 Great coverage on both fans and flowers
- Bag Appeal - 9/10 Solid bag appeal blending pretty flowers and intoxicating aromas
- After Cure Aroma level - 7/10 - Med-High
- Potency - 8.5/10 Solid go to meds.
- Concentrate info - 9/10 Fantastic Extraction candidate, full plant extractions or trim and leaf the return is high.
- Overall Mephisto rating - 8.5/10